I just throw some questions in here. These were the Top15
that first came to mind. I don't expect all of them to be
answered but it would already help to know the answer to some of them.
I do not necessarily need a thorough explanation,
just some hints or pointers to some functions might be enough.
If I then need a more in-depth explanation I can ask more specifically.
I think I might be able to find out some of the answers myself,
but searching for every single one of these and rely on trial and error is just too much for me.
So here we go:
1) I find no "spawn" method in the API. How do I spawn an object? (Like enemies)
How to spawn randomly in a predefined area? (like a bounding box area)
3) How to check for a collision with a specific object/type of object?
4) How to remove/destroy/hide an object
5) How/where do I to store persistent game data when unloading/loading new scenes? (Like remaining lives & score)
6) What is the best approach for saving persistent data to disk (like high score / high score table)
7) For Builder there are hotkey shortcuts for bevel and extrude but these are not in the roll bar menu? why?
8) How to set up spawn points for checkpoints/player progression?
9) How to do Camera lerp/camera lag for better/smoother look
10) How to switch between different cameras?
11) Sensor. How to get the trigger data/info? How to work with it?
12) Are there anywhere example projects that actually have a bit more practical game code?
(Not only demo scenes that only show one specific thing in isolated cases)
13) Can someone provide actual game code examples that show how to work with various methods from the API? I tried Github but there are exactly 0 results for the current version of NeoAxis.
14) How to do/animate emissive material?
15) I found nothing anywhere about Lighmaps baking / Global Illumination etc. So I think it's not available?
EDIT: Bonus: Delta Time. I only managed to find NeoAxis.Time.SimulationDelta.
I can't imagine that this is the correct way to work with delta time though?
In example, I saw EngineApp.EngineTime but I am not sure if this should be used to calculate deltaTime?
Thanks in advance for every single question answered.